ANAHEIM, Calif., July 31, 2019 — Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced it has begun shipping the LTE7480 LTE-A Pro Outdoor Router, enabling network operators to cost-effectively provide high-speed Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) to customers in remote areas where other technologies would be cost-prohibitive.
Designed for use in suburban areas, public locations, homes and offices, the LTE7480 utilizes the 3.5 GHz Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) band to deliver high-speed broadband services using 4G LTE-Advanced technology. CBRS offers capacity expansion functions without the complexity of sharing the band with WiFi allowing the LTE-based solution to provide better network quality than that of WiFi.
Features and Benefits of the LTE7480 LTE-A Pro Outdoor Router:
- Lightning-Fast Internet Connectivity: LTE7480 employs 3GPP UE category 16 with downlink data rates of up to 573 Mbps through eight spatial streams on two carrier components.
- High-Gain Antennas: LTE7480 features a 4x4 MIMO, high-gain 10 dbi antenna; outdoor design enables the LTE7480 to work under near non-line-of-sight conditions to increase coverage and bandwidth.
- Easy to Deploy and Manage: The LTE7480 supports bridge and router functions for flexible deployment; 802.3af/at PoE eliminates need for separate power source; IP67 hardened industrial grade enclosures for mounting in harsh environments; TR-069 and remote GUI management; remote throughput testing capability.
- Non-Stop Connectivity: Wireless LTE can be used for the multi-WAN fail-over application without a cabling plan. As long as the gateway supports multi-WAN fail-over, simply connect the LTE7480 to the existing gateway and set the LTE as the fail-over WAN.
Zyxel’s line of LTE outdoor routers for service providers also includes the LTE7461 4G LTE-A Outdoor Router. The multi-band LTE7461, which also functions in bridge or router modes, employs 3GPP UE category 6 – the best-practice LTE technology – to provide downlink data rates of up to 300 Mbps through four spatial streams using 2x2 MIMO, high-gain 8 dbi antennas. Designed for deployment in harsh outdoor environments, the LTE7461 is housed in an IP67 hardened industrial-grade enclosure. 802.3af/at PoE support ensures ease and flexibility of deployment. The LTE7461 is easily managed using TR-069 and remote GUI.
“The Zyxel family of LTE products gives network operators cost-effective solutions to deliver high-speed broadband services over existing LTE mobile networks,” explained Brian Feng, Senior Vice President at Zyxel. “Our fixed wireless access offerings provide the flexibility and performance to deploy 4G LTE as a main connection or backup solution giving operators options to rapidly increase revenue in untapped markets.”
For more information on Zyxel and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Zyxel Communications
Zyxel Communications delivers technological innovations and has connected the world to the internet for more than 30 years. Whether it’s a matter of establishing access through fixed or mobile broadband solutions, at Zyxel we offer a comprehensive and flexible portfolio of products that’s right for worldwide leading service providers and their subscribers.
Zyxel is a global force in the telecommunications market with an unrivaled international presence that includes:
- 150 markets served
- Strong local presence throughout five continents
- 1 million businesses and homes working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections
Integrity Public Relations, Inc.
+1 949-768-4423 ext. 101