ANAHEIM, Calif., 24 September, 2019 - Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the VMG4005 VDSL2 pair-bonding modem and the VMG4927 Dual-Band Wireless AC/N VDSL2 Bonding Gateway. The Zyxel VMG4005 provides a high-speed, bonded VDSL2 option to service providers who want to deploy the same WiFi gateway for both copper and fiber broadband deployments. The Zyxel VMG4927 is one of the company’s highest-performing WiFi/VDSL2 gateways, providing ultra-high speed, bonded VDSL2 options and carrier-class WiFi.
The new VMG4005 is a VDSL2 pair-bonding modem capable of up to 17a bonding speeds at 200Mbps downstream and 100Mbps upstream as well as profile 35b of up to 300Mbps for single-pair broadband services.
Benefits of the VMG4005 include:
- Enhanced Performance and Coverage to Subscribers – Increased bandwidth maximizes performance of broadband applications such as internet browsing, online gaming, video streaming, and Internet voice calling.
- Bonded VDSL2 with G.vector – Supports VDSL2 bonding with vectoring of up to profile 17a and 35b. The vectoring support reduces cross-talk to increase performance and range by up to 150 percent for operators.
- Comprehensive Networking with Quality of Service (QoS) – Ensures prioritized delivery of preferred services by allowing service providers to set priorities for internet-based applications to take advantage of QoS for better efficiency.
- TR-069 Remote Management – Service providers can manage and configure client devices remotely without manual intervention of the subscriber. “Plug and Play” experience reduces the complexity of deployment to save operation and maintenance costs.
The dual-band VMG4927 supports VDSL2 vectoring of up to profile 17a and incorporates 802.11ac 4x4 Wave 2 WiFi technology to deliver wireless speeds up to 1.7 Gbps over 5 GHz and 600 Mbps over 2.4 GHz.
Benefits of the VMG4927 include:
- Whole Home Managed WiFi – VMG4927 is part of the Multy Pro family of whole-home Wi-Fi solutions that features built-in intelligent Wi-Fi optimization with automatic configuration, band steering and seamless roaming features; free self-help mobile app enables subscribers to intuitively view and manage their home networks, improving customer satisfaction and reducing support cost for service providers.
- Ultra Speed for UHD 4k TV Services – VDSL2 vectoring reduces cross-talk to increase broadband access performance to enable operators to offer better UHD 4k IPTV services.
- Carrier-Class WiFi for Seamless Mobility – Dual-band AC2400 technology combined with performance-boosting features such as Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and beamforming delivers simultaneous, lag-free streaming and gaming experiences.
- High-Performance Processor - Fast 1Gig, dual-core processor delivering high throughput for demanding connected home. In addition the faster processor will enable solution providers use TR-143 based speed testing solutions to comply with CAF performance testing.
- Ease of Management – The Multy Pro mobile app is a simple, effective utility to help customers set up, adjust and inspect their home networks to recue home support costs and service calls.
- Triple-Play Powerhouse – Sophisticated QoS and multicast traffic shaping features like IGMP v1/2/3 snooping and VLAN capabilities provide premium video delivery services.
“DSL providers face the ongoing challenge of meeting their subscribers’ demands for higher data rates within the limits of the existing copper infrastructure,” explained Brian Feng, Senior Vice President at Zyxel. “Our new VDSL2 products provide DSL providers with easy-to-deploy and manage solutions that can provide valuable opportunities for enhanced services and revenue growth.”
About Zyxel Communications
Zyxel Communications delivers technological innovations and has connected the world to the internet for more than 30 years. Whether it’s a matter of establishing access through fixed or mobile broadband solutions, at Zyxel we offer a comprehensive and flexible portfolio of products that’s right for worldwide leading service providers and their subscribers.
Zyxel is a global force in the telecommunications market with an unrivaled international presence that includes:
- 150 markets served
- Strong local presence throughout five continents
- 1 million businesses and homes working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections