ANAHEIM, Calif., July 19, 2022 — Zyxel Communications, an industry-leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of EX2210 Dual-Band Wireless AX1800 WiFi 6 Gigabit Ethernet Gateway. EX2210 delivers the high-speed internet access and Quality of Service (QoS) support that enables service providers to meet the growing demand from their subscribers for triple-play services.
The new EX2210, which features one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port and five Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for multiple user connections, is a WiFi 6 (802.11ax) gateway that provides a seamless WiFi experience and superior, feature-rich wireless connectivity to deliver high-performance internet access services throughout the home or office. Support for multiple SSIDs provides flexibility for various service deployment scenarios, and integrated NAT and SPI firewalls secure the network from malicious internet traffic and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
Features and benefits of EX2210 Dual-Band Wireless AX1800 WiFi 6 Gigabit Ethernet Gateway include:
- WiFi 6 Technology for Lag-Free Performance – EX2210 delivers speeds up to 1200 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. Uplink MU-MIMO, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) and beamforming technologies combine to deliver reliable, high-speed internet access for multi-streaming, and an optimal WiFi experience without dead zones.
- CAF II Performance Testing Support – Support for optimized TR-143 protocol facilitates FCC-mandated performance testing for speed and latency.
- Superior Flexibility and Faster Time-to-Market – Compliant with the same OPAL firmware trunk applied in all Zyxel CPE, EX2210 leverages a rich, field-proven feature set that gives service providers an unchanged user experience when migrating to new devices.
- Remote Management Lowers OPEX – Compliance with TR-069 significantly simplifies deployment complexity and lowers operating and maintenance costs. Support for the TR-181 issue-2 data model enhances the visibility into subscriber LAN networks, enabling service providers to offer improved customer service.
- QoS Support – Service providers can design their QoS policies and prioritize mission-critical services such as IPTV and VoIP to improve network efficiency and productivity for a real multi-play solution the meet the needs of residential subscribers.
- Eco-Friendly, Compact Design - Foldable stands and an ultra-thin exterior case lowers carbon emissions by shrinking package volume to increase product numbers per pallet by approximately 46 percent.
“The demand for reliable, high-speed WiFi at home has skyrocketed as an increasing number of people transition to working and learning from home,” explained Brian Feng, Senior Vice President of Zyxel Communications. “The shift in the use of bandwidth-intensive, business-class applications in the home is placing pressure on service providers to deliver the high-speed internet access to seamlessly support video conferencing, VoIP and large file transfers. The new EX2210 gateway provides service providers with an affordable solution that delivers the speed, reliability and remote management to maximize customer satisfaction while reducing operating expenses.”
Zyxel EX2210 Dual-Band Wireless AX1800 WiFi 6 Gigabit Ethernet Gateway is available now through all Zyxel authorized distributors.
Zyxel Communications delivers technological innovations and has connected the world to the internet for more than 30 years. Whether establishing access through fixed or mobile broadband solutions, at Zyxel we offer a comprehensive and flexible portfolio of products that are right for worldwide leading service providers and their subscribers.
Zyxel is a global force in the telecommunications market with an unrivaled international presence that includes:
- 150 markets served
- Strong local presence throughout five continents
- 1 million businesses and homes working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections