Green management system
Zyxel strives to be a strict compliance supplier concerning European Union environmental directives, including:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS)
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Energy-Related Products Directive (ErP)
To fully implement green business management, Zyxel has built a "green cooperative information system” to control each stage of production from the supply of raw materials, manufacturing, and transport to usage and disposal, ensuring all aspects meet green requirements.
Through use of the "Coordinated Information System," including Green Product Database, Life Cycle Analysis System, 3R and Disassembly Report Database, and Restriction of Hazardous Substances Management System, Zyxel aggressively controls its environmental impacts. This is carried out through the entire life cycle of our products. It is reflected in our commitment and responsibility as a corporate citizen in developing a low-toxic, waste-reducing, easily recyclable, and energy-efficient products.
Prohibit usage of conflict minerals
The illegal exploitation of mining of gold (Au), cobalt (Co), tantalum (Ta), tin (Sn) and tungsten (W) in Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and adjoining countries in Central Africa has caused serious human rights violations and environmental damage. Zyxel actively adheres to regulations in U.S. and Europe and ensures that all raw materials coming from the DRC and adjoining countries are conflict mineral free. We also advocate for the regulation of conflict minerals in the European Union.
Our conflict mineral management process adopts the Conflict Mineral Reporting Template (CMRT) regulated by RBA to conduct a reasonable level of mineral source country investigation for suppliers to identify the source of 3TG in the products.
Zyxel conflict mineral management process:
Zyxel is responsible to ensure that product design considers waste reduction, recycling, and disposal based on repair, upgrade, reuse, and disassembly. Zyxel’s product recycling approaches include the following:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment: comply with the WEEE and battery directives (including but not limited to the European Union) and marks separate collection for both on every product.
- Packaging recycling: provide relevant recycling information with packaging, user guides, and quick start guides.
- Plastic recycling: comply with the ISO 11469, placing recycle symbol on the surface of plastic products exceeding 25g.