Zyxel strictly abides by legislations and business ethics. We strive to maintain the balance between economy, society, and environment while at the same time pursuing the best interest of all stakeholders. To ensure all Zyxel business operations follow business ethics, we provide general guidance to all employees to assist us in carrying out our daily activities on the principle of ethical business practice and our corporate values. Partners in the global supply chain are as well urged to respect the standards in the operation of their work and business and ensure that we deal in all fairness with its customers, suppliers, and competitors.
Board of directors
The Zyxel Board of Directors currently consists of nine directors, including two independent positions. All Zyxel Board members are industry professionals. Zyxel continuously updates board members on the company’s status and provides reviews to the financial consultant as well.
Zyxel’s holding company, Unizyx, established a Compensation Committee to regularly assess the performance and compensation of directors and board supervisors. The Committee meets semi-annually to evaluate and amend policies on performance and provide compensation assessments of Unizyx directors, supervisors, and managers.
To strengthen corporate governance and solidify the supervisory functions of the board, Zyxel’s holding company, Unizyx, established an Audit Committee to provide professional, independent insights to support the board's decision-making process.
Business Ethics Code of Conduct
Zyxel developed a Code of Conduct to provide general guidance to all Zyxel Group employees and global suppliers. This ensure all parties carry out daily activities based on principles of ethical business practices and the letter and the spirit of applicable laws, as well as our corporate values.
- All employees’ and suppliers’ behaviors should comply with integrity and ethics.
- All employees and suppliers should comply with local laws, rules, and regulations while conducting business.
- Improve the service level and provide products fulfilling customers’ needs to gain business rather than provide improper interest to customers.
- Act in accordance with the standards of fair trades, commercial advertisements, and competition during business operations.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of goods and services.
- All employees should not engage directly or indirectly in any bribes or activities that may be construed as corrupt business practices.
- Uphold the fair, open, and honest business attitude when dealing with customers, suppliers, and other external individuals or groups.
- Remain politically neutral and avoid making political contributions.
Information security management
To maintain the company’s competitive advantages in innovative technology capabilities and protect the interests of all stakeholders, Zyxel has established management policies for protecting intellectual property rights and confidential information control.
Zyxel believes active communication with stakeholders is imperative for the achievement of its long-term sustainability goal of pursuing corporate sustainability.
Committed to identifying and solving issues affecting all stakeholders, the Zyxel ESG Committee complies with the GRI Standards for Stakeholder Engagement, adopts the factors specified by the AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard (AA1000SES), and heeds local and international trends in sustainable development as well as the needs of business operations.
The Committee identifies Zyxel’s stakeholders in 6 main categories:
The Committee holds regular meetings to discuss 15 critical issues:
- Financial performance
- Regulation compliance
- Government policy
- Ethics and integrity
- Information security
- Supplier management
- Climate change
- Energy conservation
- Product innovation and quality
- Talent retention
- Employment development
- Labor rights
- Employee care
- Occupational health and safety
- Social participation
Zyxel management develops its sustainability strategies based on the importance and relevance of the issues. The communication channels and activities related to each stakeholder category are described in the table below.